Integrated Circuit Topography Protection Procedure in BIH
A topography protection procedure is conducted by the Institute for Intellectual Property of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The topography protection procedure is initiated by filing an application for the protection of a topography with the Institute.
The application shall contain a request for the grant of the right to protection of a topography and the attachments thereto.
A request for the grant of the right to protection of a topography shall contain:
• name of topography or specification of the product range;
• data identifying the applicant;
• data identifying a representative of the applicant, if any;
• the application filing date;
• the date of creation of the topography, if topography has not been commercially exploited; or the date on which and the place where the topography was commercially exploited anywhere in the world for the first time.
A request for the grant of the right to protection of a topography shall be accompanied by the following attachments:
• description of a topography, containing information defining the electronic function to be performed by the integrated circuit manufactured according to the topography;
• graphic representation or representation of topography in another appropriate form identifying the topography, in particular, drawings or photographs of layouts for the production of integrated circuit according to topography in respect of which protection is applied for;
• sample of integrated circuit manufactured according to topography for which protection is applied for, if integrated circuit has been commercially exploited;
• proof of commercial exploitation of a topography, if topography has been commercially exploited.
For more information, please refer to the Regulations Concerning Procedure for the Grant of a Topography of an Integrated Circuit (currently available in local language).