World Intellectual Property Day dedicated to small and medium-sized enterprises
Mostar, April 21, 2021 - World Intellectual Property Day - April 26, 2021 is dedicated to small and medium-sized enterprises and is marked under the slogan "Taking your ideas to market."
World Intellectual Property Day 2021 highlights the key role of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the economy and how they can use intellectual property rights (IP) to build stronger, more competitive and resilient businesses.
"An understanding of intellectual property can help your business become more competitive and manage IP related risks“, it is the message from the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
It also points out that the intellectual property system has an important role to play in enabling small and medium-sized enterprises to:
- protect innovative products and services;
- increase the visibility, attractiveness and value of their products on the market;
- distinguish their business and its products from the competition;
- access technical and business information and knowledge;
- avoid the risk of unknowingly using third party proprietary content or inadvertently losing their own valuable information, innovations or creative output.
The following publications explain the importance of intellectual property in the business of small and medium-sized enterprises and can be downloaded from the website of the Institute for Intellectual Property of BiH:
◊ Making a Mark - An Introduction to Trademarks for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
◊ Looking Good - An Introduction to Industrial Designs for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
◊ Inventing the Future - An Introduction to Patents for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
◊ Creative Expression – An Introduction to Copyright and Related Rights for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises